Sunday, January 30, 2011

Church Vs. Business

I have so many questions that come to mind in regards to some Churches becoming a business. Is that what God intended for the church to become? Must we allow our humanly desires to subject us into unbiblical practices? Why do we allow it to go on? Has the church become a business because of our own prideful issues hindering us from continual growth and leading of the Holy Spirit being present in our lives and the church? I understand God provides avenues in order for the church to be maintained financially as well as spiritually. How can the church become completely biblical and not a lukewarm church? Where does the culture of this world play a role in that? At times I realize as a man is placed in different positions within the body of Christ, sometimes its easy for other sinful practices to take control of that person. I wouldn’t judge them because I am in no position to judge. It concerns me though, even with my own sinful practices that may take place at times the process it takes to defeat it is an endless war. However, even when we are aware of this sinful practice taking place, why don’t we take the time to strive in stopping it from happening in our own lives? I’m concerned with some of the things I have observed in some churches that I believe for me is not biblical, however, who am I to judge? So what does a church look like then in the eyes of Christ? I believe it’s a “hospital for the sick” as you all may know. I believe the Church should be what reaches out to the community of non-believers and sharing with them the good news of Christ so that they might be saved. Furthermore, I believe the Church should be about loving one another in the midst of differences and disagreements instead of having “church cliques” because we don’t necessarily prefer to particularly engage in discussion and interaction with certain people. The churches should not choose in keeping themselves away from fellowshipping with other churches of a different “denomination”. When is the body of Christ as a Church going to become one? The church should be about imitating as a body of Christ, what the Holy Spirit wants to do and is doing now. Church isn’t about simply sitting in a pew, hearing a good sermon, paying your tithes, shouting around, and then leaving. And then walk by thousands of strangers not speaking to any of them, where is the church in our hearts? Can you imagine if Jesus came on earth right now just too simply walk around in the world, how many lives he would touch and save? Well, we are that little Jesus in the world to save and touch lives, ultimately glorifying the kingdom of God. We are the mouth pieces for God, his humble servants. Matthew 28 says as I quote, “Go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit”. Jesus did ministry, not business. I love you all, God bless.     

No comments:

Post a Comment